This document outlines InterClinical Laboratories (ICL) to responsibly manage the information provided to ICL by individuals and organisations in accordance with the National Privacy Principles (NPP) contained in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and Information Privacy Principles.
ICL acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals and organisations and supports the National Privacy Principles contained in the Act.
Accordingly, ICL will:
- only collect personal information which is necessary for its activities.
- use lawful and fair means to collect personal information.
- ensure the use and disclosure of personal information is for the primary purpose for which it was collected.
- ensure that the client, customer, or staff member’s consent is given when information is used or disclosed to a third party except where required or authorised by or under law.
- has a commitment that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
- take appropriate measures to ensure that personal information is protected from, accidental destruction or loss, unauthorised access, or alteration.
Clients – Any person who chooses to use the services of ICL, including parents, family or guardians of those receiving services from ICL.
Customers – All persons who purchase products or services offered by ICL.
National Privacy Principles (NPP) – Principles governing the access, use, disclosure, retention and disposal of private information, as stipulated in the Privacy (Private Sector) Amendment Act 2000.
Personal Information – Information or an opinion (including information or opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.Privacy – That which is confined to or intended only for the person or persons immediately concerned.
Staff – All paid and unpaid persons undertaking work for ICL, including employees, volunteers, individuals on work experience, student placements, secondments and contractors.